Handbook for Long-Term Election Observers
This handbook provides long-term election observers (LTOs) with an overview of their role, duties, and responsibilities in the specific context of election observation as conducted by the OSCE's Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR).
The following topics are covered:
- Quick-start information for LTOs;
- The role of LTOs in observing elections;
- Preparing for short-term election observers;
- Administration and finance; and
- The role of LTOs in closing down a mission.
The views, opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this document are not given nor necessarily endorsed by the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) unless the OSCE is explicitly defined as the Author of this document.