Media affairs in OSCE field activities provides two specialized services:
- Press and Public Information work involves, among other things, the preparation and dissemination of information about the OSCE and its activities to local and international media, communicating to the public by means of professionally edited, targeted public information material and undertaking other projects to raise the profile of the mission/ field activity among the host community;
- Media Development work involves initiating, planning, organizing and implementing programmes to promote the development of independent, pluralist and professional media. It may also involve media monitoring activities to promote full compliance with OSCE principles and commitments regarding the freedom of the media.
- University education in journalism, international relations or related field, communications, public relations, media studies or professional certification in journalism, public relations or media technology;
- Experience in working in or with the media or in public relations, particularly in gathering, organizing, editing and disseminating information;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, including the ability to prepare news-related documents and public presentations in simple, clear language for a broad non-diplomatic audience;
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak the language of the host country;
- Experience working in an international organization;
- Knowledge of the historical and current political situation of the mission area.