Education work aims at developing and implementing educational reform programmes in collaboration with local and international players.
It involves policy formulation, strategy development, planning and reporting in the target areas of education access and non-discrimination, educational financing and management, reform of education legislation and quality and modernization of pre-primary, primary, secondary and higher education including harmonization of curricula, teacher training and parent and student councils. Education is a major tool for promoting democratic institutions, human rights and tolerance, sustainable economic development, as well as capacities for the peaceful resolution of conflicts.
- University degree in educational sciences, social sciences or related fields;
- Experience in educational field at an international level, either educational planning and administration, public education, teacher training, multi-lingual/ethnic teaching including curriculum harmonization and teaching plans, or professional experience in a ministry of education or a teachers union;
- Proven project management experience, including planning, budgeting and evaluation techniques;
- Experience in liaising with specialized local and international agencies and bilateral donors.
- Knowledge of the political situation in the mission area, including understanding of the relevant educational reform issues and the overall strategies of OSCE and other major international agencies;
- Knowledge of the local language or most common lingua franca.